Week 6, Making a text-based RPG… I guess I’m a game designer as well now!
Spent whole week working on my twitch channel, I began coding a bunch of mini-games, then decided to create a text-based RPG. And so far so good, the coding took a lot of time, especially the debugging. I had to work within the limitations of AnkhBot; it’s not exactly made for such big tasks! The original game design had many concepts, but I had to be realistic and not spend too much time on the project, so I basically killed off lots of things from the project and focused on making it simple and using the simplicity to its maximum instead.
Anyhow, I spent two days designing the map, areas, monsters, bosses and how the player progresses through the game. I then almost finished off the coding for one area, just two lines of code missing before I got so tired that it was either falling face-first on the keyboard or the pillow… priorities!
I’m happy with how things are moving along, hopefully my computer can handle more than a couple of players… otherwise I will have to make it V.I.P. only : (
Hope your week was fine as well! Feel free to share anything you’ve done over the past week or if there is any book, movie or series you want to recommend. I’ll make sure to check it out and give my opinion.
Thanks for reading, GOD bless!
– A. Wehbe, www.ahmadwehbe.com